Page d'accueil du site Navigation principale Début du contenu principal Plan du site Rechercher sur le site

Unemployment Insurance (AC)


If you are self-employed you cannot insure yourself against unemployment.  You do not have the obligation to contribute or the entitlement to claim benefits.  You would have to pay contributions, however, if you engaged in incidental paid employment or an equivalent activity (such as board director’s fees, royalties etc.).  In that case you would be considered gainfully employed.